Another method of finding limits involves finding them algebraically.
Direct substitution can be used for expressions that are continuous at the value that x is getting closer to.
Besides the techniques listed above, some rules to help us find limits are listed below (provided limits exist):
- Sum of a limit equals limit of their sum
- Difference of a limit equals limit of their difference
- Product of a limit equals limit of their product
- Quotient of a limit equals limit of the quotient (limit of denominator does not equal zero)
- Composite of a limit equals limit of the composite (provided limits exist and f is continuous at g's limit)