- Erases board
- Makes sure others clean up after themselves
- Passes out papers
- Collects papers
- Notifies teacher when students are absent
- Notifies class of important days coming up
- Teaches each group's tech representative
- Notifies teacher when time is running out
- Responsible for all breaks (starting and stopping)
- Supports other students that may be falling behind on class material
- Assigning student leaders in the classroom helps to foster classroom ownership, community, and cohesiveness among students.
- Student leaders "apply" for a specific responsibility within the room and are assigned their role on a rotating schedule.
- When students feel more involved in the daily operations of the classroom, they begin to positively manage themselves and each other.
- Not only are students honored to hold these titles, an added benefit is a carryover effect that builds upon positive leadership skills.